Thursday, September 10, 2009

BusyBee

So we're a couple of days down the road and true to my word I sat down and wrote out some goals. I was so flush with the doing of that small task that I have actually gotten back on track with my walking and weight loss. My Accomplishment List reads like a "Get off you butt and finish it" list, but it has proven successful in that I was able to pick up the discarded second purse and spent the day finishing it. I absolutely love it and it has turned out just the way I saw it in my head. I also went to the fabric store and selected the fabrics to get on with a butterfly quilt for my second granddaughter and even managed to figure out the layout, batting and backing. (Everything is a huge list of choices and decisions for me...nothing simple). I cut out a pile of 9" white on white blocks , stitched, turned and pressed them ready to be sewn into the cathedral windows quilt I'm working on for my oldest granddaughter. Repaired a dresser drawer that was dragging, splurged on a floating glass shelf for my sewing room so now I have a place to set my pin cushion and rotary cutter and finally, finally, finally, my rulers have a home. I love that it doesn't even look like it's there...no ugly brackets to look at. And lastly I've spent a total of about 5 hours trying to figure out how to repair my corner lazy susan in the kitchen. It did something weird a couple of months ago and it took my Betterhalf and I two days to get it sorted out. Apparently we didn't since whatever we did came undone but worse. I have no idea if this new "fix" will hold or not, but I took the front panels off the turntables, cleaned underneath all that stuff, lifted up the shelves a bit, shimmed up the panels so I could reinstall them (that was a flash of brilliance so thank you Guardian Angel) and it is again running like a dream.



I have even gone so far as to allow the new unfinished projects to come into my thoughts. I volunteered to make a couple of stained glass panels for my daughter's front door sidelights. I did take a sketch of the windows but that's as far as it had gone. Now I have a great idea for the design (thank's for the suggestions sweetie) and I think I've figured out what I want to do for the framing and just need to get a little help to implement that part of the project.



With September being here I am already anxious to plot out the garden for next year, and do some of the fall clean up/moving. And I am vowing now to work at little harder at helping the garden to be it's best. I have a bunch of ideas but the trick it to meld my ideas with those of my Betterhalf. It's on the list for us to go out there together with a pencil and paper and discuss what each of us would like to see done and make notes of it all. Here's hoping someone doesn't have that pencil sticking out of a body part when we're done.



#1Son is settling in nicely I think, although we have to do a bit of tweaking in his room to make it a little more functional. I know it is early days yet, but it is kind of nice of have him back home again.



Can you believe Halloween stuff is in the stores? That's just way too fast for me. I want to savour these final Indian Summer days while reviewing my Goals List. I have way to much to accomplish before the big BD arrives and I know for sure that I want to stand up on that day in front of a mirror and say "You did a good job! Enjoy the next 30 years of your life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment