Friday, September 18, 2009

MAAN-1*

Huh! I must of broken down a damn of some sort since I haven't been able to stop "doing stuff" all week. Not that I'm complaining, I'm not. It just feels weird.



I could not get my Betterhalf to come out to the garden with me so I went ahead and did a couple of simple sketches and some preplanning. Turns out, he was 'into' getting the garden sorted out so we spent a couple of hours on the first day and got the front cleaned up and added some new soil and the next day we spent a combined total of about 6 or 7 hours moving, cleaning, removing things from the back gardens. We are both very happy and have only a bit a work left.....after all we just couldn't cut down the only flowers that are still blooming out there just to accommodate some lilies that are on the moving list. There will be time in October for that bit of work once the flowers are spent (or frozen!!!)



I also went to see the doctor for my physical....seems I missed last year. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. He seems to have mellowed over the years and (lucky me) I'm in relatively good health. My only real complaint these days is that my knee is achy when I climb stairs and my shoulder has been cranky for the last couple of weeks. About the shoulder, an interesting thing happened. Since it started hurting me the recurring chant of my Chinese Tai Chi For Health instructor was rolling around in my head. She taught us some tapping techniques that were meant to stimulate the pressure points along the energy pathways of the body. We would do each arm, the chest, the hips and both legs (it's been quite awhile and I can't remember the whole sequence). As we would tap our arms she would say loudly "No more frozen shoulder". Anyway, it hurt to lift my arm and I was trying to figure out what to do about it. I was standing at the ironing board (ironing all those white squares) and decided I would do some leg lifts (no they won't help my shoulder but they could help my thighs) and I stretched out my arm to put use the ironing board for balance. When I brought my hand down to the board I miscalculated the distance (okay, I was watching TV) and touched the inside of my wrist on the tip of the hot iron. AutoResponse kicked in and I yanked my arm straight up and heard a "pop" in my shoulder. Yikes, I didn't know whether I should move arm from the straight up position or not. I did, and you know, it felt better! I told the doctor about this and he thought that perhaps some cartilage or something had been "caught" and it just popped out. He also suggested that I keep it a secret as it could put the chiropractors out of business...hahahaha. It still feels good....as if it is recovering from whatever was wrong with it. Oh and my doctor told me not to do those standing leg lifts as I could throw my back out.....who knew!!!!



The Butterfly quilt is evolving. Seems every time I sit down to sew on it, I change my mind about something....the number of butterflies or how to arrange the colors. It took me 2 'go's' to figure out the weird angles I needed to cut so that my butterflies could fly diagonally. I know that if I was appliqueing them, it would be simple but I was/am determined that this will be a pieced block even if I go nutso doing it. I believe I'm at the stage where I can start putting the blocks together, or at least I will be as soon as I give them some antennae. I'll keep ya updated on this project.



My ah-hah moment this week came, as usual, while walking. I realized that although I did make a list of 'goals', I wasn't honest with myself about my heart-of-the-heart goals. There are several things I would like to work towards, but I'm so intimidated by those goals, that I can't even give them a voice. I have them tucked away in my head and think about them alot, but if I speak them or write them they'll be out there in the Universe and I might actually have to do something about them. I can't right now, I'm hobbled up with my day to day living and the short term future. I feel like I'm waiting for the big SIX OH to come and go, and the next trip to Sunnyville to run it's course. We've just discovered that something is wrong with the wiring for the main floor baseboard heaters. We'll have to call an electrician in and that scares the bejeepers out of me. Who knows what he'll find once he starts digging in there....I see $$$$ flying out the window and am afraid the cost of this may jeopardize Sunnyville - and that would not be good. Really NOT good. I can't get started worrying about the money thing. I have so many issues concerning money and all the places it is going and will need to go over the next 12 months that my chest gets tight thinking about it. Sorry Sweetie, didn't mean to pass that particular hangup on to you. Hopefully, if I tiptoe really softly, everything will work out just fine.



On a happier note, although I weep to see the end of our very short and late summer, Fall is my most favourite time of the year. I am looking forward to the colors, the deep flavours and smells, and my snuggly fleece. Wrap it up, put it on a wreath and send the bill to the Universe!





*Much Ado About Nothing-#1

No comments:

Post a Comment