Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Party's Over.....

Well, the big day has come and gone. A party was indeed planned and sprung for Saturday night with several friends in attendance. The biggest surprise was my oldest sister and my niece and a wonderful surprise it was. I was thoroughly delighted to see them .... all. By the time last night arrived....the closing hours of the 60th birthday day, I was relieved to sit on my sofa fairly secure in the knowledge that it was now officially done. I figure by the time I reach 75, no one will have the energy or desire to make me the centre of attention and it will be allowed to slide by with me making my own hooplah in whatever way suits me.

Thanks to my better half. I appreciate the effort that went into this. Thanks to my daughter for all her contributions. Thanks to all who had their fingers in this pie and any form.

Now I'm looking forward to spending my pension $$$$.....first thing I'll be looking for is that elusive 1949 Featherlight with scrolled face plate. One day she will be mine!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment